It’s not always fun to cook dinner, but it’s always fun to eat it! Take the hassle out of cooking dinner with these simple recipes. Find more recipes on our blog as well as tips for seniors and nurses.
Shrimp With Tomatoes
- Cook the couscous according to the package directions.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cover. Cook until the shrimp are cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve with the couscous.
Baked Pesto Chicken
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
½ cup basil pesto
2 plum tomatoes
shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cover cookie sheet with foil.
2. Put pesto and chicken in bowl. Toss until chicken is covered.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
4. Place slices of tomato on top of chicken and sprinkle with cheese.
5. Bake another 3-5 minutes.
6. Serve with a box of angel hair pasta and herbs and French bread.
Courtesy of Moms Who Think
Southwestern Beef Chili With Corn
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, onion, and poblano and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Add the beef and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, until it is slightly darkened, 1 minute.
- Stir in the beans, chili powder, 3 cups water, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Simmer over medium heat until the vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the corn.
- Divide the chili among bowls and top with the Cheddar and scallions.