If you are a senior on the go, you know hunger can strike at any minute. If you happen to be walking through the grocery store, your hunger will cause you to go food crazy. You may start grabbing any food that catches your eye, then end up back home with food you didn’t really need! It’s important to plan ahead when you’re heading out for the day or doing errands. You will want to have some healthy, convenient snacks that you can carry and eat while you are out. This can be a granola bar, fruit, sunflower seeds, and so much more. Get creative with your snacks!
New and Creative
- 2 tbsp plain, low-fat greek yogurt
- ⅛-¼ tsp curry powder
- 1 cup beet chips
Mix the curry powder with the Greek yogurt. Dip the chips and enjoy!
- Your favorite crisp crackers
- 1 tsp chocolate-hazelnut spread
- Sliced banana
Spread the chocolate-hazelnut on the crackers and top with sliced bananas.
- 1 pureed banana
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1 cup almond milk
Mix together the ingredients in a blender, pour into a cup and enjoy.
- Walnuts (great for your heart)
- Peanuts (great for the brain)
- Almonds (helps disease prevention)
- Swiss (great for calcium, protein, and B12)
- Cheddar (calcium and protein)
- Monterey Jack
- Ricotta (great to mix in a smoothie)