The kids are out of the house and retirement is here, so now what? For many Baby Boomers, it’s now time to take on that bucket list and travel the world. With so many places to go it can be overwhelming to think of all the amazing spots you want to go and are recommended by veteran travelers.
These sites offer tempting travel options for the mature trekker…
1. MyItchyTravelFeet.com – Find Baby Boomer and senior-related travel info here, including resources for people aspiring to retire abroad as well as great bucket list travel experiences. Gorilla trekking in Rwanda? Hot air balloon in the Red Rocks of Utah? Sign me up!
2. The Roaming Boomers – David & Carol Porter’s attractive “online travel magazine” includes a blog, information on national parks, product reviews and much more.
3. Gypsy Nester – I love David & Veronica’s quirky and hilarious take on life after children. These self-proclaimed GypsyNesters are “rocking the empty nest” and loving every minute of it.
4. Road Scholar – Formerly called Elderhostel, the Road Scholar site presents “adventures in lifelong learning” to those thirsty for travel in the golden years.
5. Evergreen Club – This unique club is for anyone 50 and up who wants to make new friends and visit new places without breaking the bank: members stay in private homes for $25 a day or less (breakfast & tourist info included).
6. Grandparents and Travel – Want to take the grandkids along? Check out Grandparents.com’s Travel section for ideas, tips, and deals.